Whether your customers are internal or external, Hamish’s lessons provide relevant and practical ways of achieving breakthroughs. Combining his outstanding CV, with his engaging, energetic and humorous style, Hamish receives outstanding testimonials from clients worldwide, describing his approach as both inspirational and practical. Using case studies and real war stories from senior roles with Procter & Gamble, Price Waterhouse, British Airways, Eurostar, Sainsbury’s Bank and also many of his recent clients, Hamish leaves his audiences with tools and ideas that can be taken away and used in their own work. In addition to his keynote topics, Hamish also offers bespoke masterclasses, interactive exercises, assistance with projects and personal coaching.
Keynote Topics and Understanding Key Messages
1. The Customer Promise:- Lessons in putting the customer at the heart of all activities
Changing the way you understand your customers (both internal and external) bring new insights that enable you to create a Customer Promise – a change in the definition of the business (or individual role) to a statement of customer benefit (rather than a description of your expertise.) For Hamish, this was the key to both driving innovation and creating a simple leadership tool to unlock the potential of the whole organisation.
- How do concepts such as soft insights, customer expectations, customer’s customer and the blank sheet of paper approach give new insights that enable competitive advantage?
- Why does the customer promise provide a simple leadership tool that places the customer at the heart of everyone’s work?
- What are the implications for both customer engagement and leadership?
2. MasterThief:- Lessons in driving innovation and change by stealing ideas from the outside
If you want a breakthrough, look outside your current environment! From yacht designers and Disney assisting British Airways, to rugby referees in banking risk management, the need to look for stimulus outside your current environment has been at the heart of the approach Hamish has brought to organisations.
- How does the customer promise provide a new starting point for your innovation?
- How can you become a MasterThief and steal ideas from the most unlikely of sources that are highly applicable to your challenges and provide essential breakthroughs?
3. Playing Reverse Football:- Lessons in making sure you take the organisation with you!
The biggest challenge we face in the change journey is to ensure employee engagement.
- How can you use the customer promise as a key leadership tool to drive focus through your team and organisation?
- Why setting the right ambition will determine whether or not you achieve breakthrough levels of innovation?
- When is it right to let go and, therefore, unlock the potential of the whole organisation?
- Great communication is, of course important but how good are you at ruthless simplicity, identifying champions, customer focussed organisational design and the make it easy model?